Tom Hiddleston as the other Holmes brother
Tyler Hoechlin and JR Bourne have lunch together at Urth Caffe in Hollywood, CA.
Let’s not forget to acknowledge Alexandre Dumas this Black History Month
The writer of two of the most well known stories worldwide, The Three Musketeers and The Count of Monte Cristo was a black man.
Let’s not forget that he was played on screen by a white man. And the fact that he was black is barely ever mentioned or the book he wrote inspired by his experiences.
Other things not to forget about Alexandre Dumas:
- chose to take on his slave grandmother’s last name, Dumas, like his father did before him.
- grew up too poor for formal education, so was largely self-taught, including becoming a prolific reader, multilingual, well-travelled, and a foodie, resulting in his writing both a combination encyclopedia/cookbook (which just— is fucking outrageous to me) AND the adaptation of The Nutcracker on which Tchaikovsky based his ballet
- he also wrote a LOOOOT of nonfiction and fiction about history, politics, and revolution, bc he was pro-monarchy, but a radical cuss, and that got him in a lot of hot water at home and abroad.
- even beyond that, he generally put up with a lot of racist bullshit in France, so he went and wrote a novel about colonialism and a BLATANTLY self-insert anti-slavery vigilante hero (which he then cribbed from to write the Count of Monte Cristo, the main character of which, Edmond Dantés, Dumas also based on himself).
- (…a novel which also features a LOAD of PoC beyond the Count, and at LEAST one queer character, btw, bc EVERY MOVIE ADAPTATION OF ANYTHING BY DUMAS IS A LIE; seriously, at LEAST one of the four Musketeers is Black, y’all.)
- famously, when some fuckshit or other wanted to come at Dumas with some anti-Black foolishness, Dumas replied, “My father was a mulatto, my grandfather was a Negro, and my great-grandfather a monkey. You see, Sir, my family starts where yours ends.”
- for the bicentennial of his birthday, Pres. Jacques Cirac was like, “…sorry about the hella racism,” and had Dumas’s ashes reinterred at the Panthéon of Paris, bc if you’re gonna keep the corpses of the cream of the crop all together, Dumas’s more widely read and translated than literally everybody else.
- and they are still finding stuff old dude wrote, seriously; like discovering “lost” works as recently as 2002, publishing stuff for the first time as recently as 2005.
This is IMPORTANT!
So, uh, thank you for the acknowledgment and have a wonderful evening.
- in a murderously frenzied state
- in a violently raging manner
"You really have to learn not to trust a fox."
Also, look at the capitals.
APB: an acronym meaning All Points Bulletin - a bulletin broadcast to all officers, often with information about a suspect who is to be detained. — Urban Dictionary
also why, in Stiles’ picture on his dad’s phone, does he appear to be next to a giant fireball?
"Kid, this new phone want me to take a picture of you for—WHOA!!!!"
"Sorry!! Sorry, sorry!!" Stiles said.
The thing was, he’d been planning to rebuild the back deck for a few years now.
Said it before, saying it again… the Nogitsune is really fucking fed-up witih how stubborn this kid is about hanging on.
"You take the human without any training, they said. He’ll be easy to break, they said. Look at how pretty he is when he’s hurting, they said…" it mutters while trying to shove Stiles back into that tiny little compartment of his brain where the lost things go. All the while, Stiles is twisting and slipping out of his grip throwing things around in his own brain, and dodging behind piles of lasting but unimportant memories. (Who knew all those baseball statistics would actually be good for something, he thinks, watching the Nogitsune swearing as it trips over R.A. Dickey’s cummulative ERA with with Mets.)
American History 101
truth. i honestly dont give a rats ass if you unfollow me for this. learn the truth, sometimes the truth hurts.
The reservation one made me really fucking sad
THIS is why history should never be forgotten.
Ignorance propagates more ignorance and apathy.
Don’t become apathetic. Please.
Dude, he kisses her goodbye and calls her his girl. I think they’re cool with each other. They’ve totally gotten over that shooting thing. Other people wouldn’t get over finding out their wife had this whole other life in black ops and most dudes would not get over getting shot by their best friend’s wife. So there’s that. So I get tired of the mary hate. mary is awesome and they both love her in their own unique way.
I am 100% sure Sherlock and Mary were joking with each other about that time she shot him the day after she revealed the truth. Like, Sherlock would use it an excuse for Mary to do stuff for him.
"Mary, can you get me biscuits?"
"I just sat down Sherlock. And I’m pregnant."
"Remember when you shot me?"
"You don’t get to use that excuse again for a whole week!"
Yuzuru Hanyu in 2006 (age 11) and in 2014 (winning the Olympic gold medal at the Games after Vancouver) x